Humans have treated health problems with heat therapy and hydrotherapy for thousands of years. Jacuzzi Hot Tubs offer users a unique method of delivery where heat therapy and hydrotherapy are concerned. The health benefits of hot tubs are invaluable and numerous. Here are five treatments a Jacuzzi Hot Tub can provide that you may have never considered.
- Headaches and Migraines - Hot tubs disperse heat through water evenly. This makes hot tub treatments very effective for headaches and migraines. Many people who experience chronic headaches and migraines also suffer from muscle tension in their necks and upper backs. The miracle combination of heat and water help the blood to circulate better in the body’s extremeties. This relieves pressure from the head.
- Arthritis - Doctors and experts recommend hot tub treatments for stiffness and pain from arthritis. Hot tubs offer constant, mild heat that helps loosen joints, circulate blood and relax muscle tension. Athritis sufferers can use hot tubs to decrease pain while performing daily activities and exercise. The water of course also helps relieve tension and provide buoyancy to take pressure of joints.
- Insomnia - The warm water and relaxing environment of Jacuzzi Hot Tubs provide a unique treatment for insomnia. Insomnia sufferers often also experience memory lapses, grogginess, mood swings and even depression. Prescriptions used to treat insomnia usually come with a list of undesirable side effects. The hot tub’s warm water is effective for relieving tension and stress. The body’s temperature drops when getting out of the hot tub, signaling the need for rest. A gentle soak before bedtime helps with deeper and more restful sleep.
- Diabetes - In September 1999 The New England Journal of Medicine published a study relating hot tubs and diabetes. The article suggested that hot tub therapy was effective in lowering blood sugar levels by up to 11%. Many patients also lost weight. The study linked the warmth and buoyancy of the water to the results. The publication also added that swimming in a pool isn’t nearly as effective as hot tub treatments. It is higly important that patients seeks a doctor’s consultation before beginning a hot tub treatment.
- High Blood Pressure - The Mayo Clinic found that hot tub use offers the same benefits of exercise, but without the strain on the heart. The warm water opens the blood vessels just as a brisk walk might do. The stress relieving properties of heat therapy and hydrotherapy help those with high blood pressure. It is always very important to consult a physician before beginning a hot tub routine.
A Jacuzzi Hot Tub can truly be an invaluable tool in maintaining health. Please feel free to contact us with any question or concerns. Let Paradise Valley Spas help you with all your hot tub and sauna needs!